Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Yikes! Almost a year since last update

I'm sure I'll miss some stuff out but here are some of my artistic endeavours in the past 11 months.

a mummified fairy   
After visiting the excellent Dan Baines, internationally acclaimed prop maker for magicians, film and everything else that needs freaky props, in mysterious Kent, I 'found' this mummified fairy, which now puzzles all small children who see it. I plan to make, I mean find, more crazy weird stuff soon.

Halloween Makeup
 I've continued my interest in makeup and recently even got to work for a day at the The Makeup Artist Studio in Liverpool, helping in a lesson to teach makeup for a transgender client. I had a great day and hope to do more of this in future.

Terrible Gash! Ouch!

Zombie Bite! Braaaaains!
I discovered the very excellent Little School of Horrors run by the fantastic Amber Shorrock. Amber is an expert in Special Effects makeup and prop making for film and tv. She teaches others her skills at the Little School of Horrors in Liverpool. So far I've learnt to make prosthetic wounds, latex masks and maquettes sculpted from clay. I'll be carrying on with this for as long as I can because it's amazing fun!

 latex werewolf mask
  This mask was made from scratch. I sculpted the face in plasticine, created a mould of the sculpt in herculite plaster. Cast a latex mask from the mould which i painted and added a fur 'hood'.

plasticine scuplt of werewolf mask which is destroyed during the process of mould making

mostly finished clay maquette of a T-rex style dinosaur
That's pretty much it really. Not much drawing sadly except for these sketches.

Cthulhu statue
I'm hoping to sculpt this as an actual statue and hopefully make a mould to cast some resin copies.

I just had an urge to draw a woman with a skull




It's nearly Inktober again so I'm hoping to manage some kind of sketch every day in October.

No comments: