Saturday, June 1, 2013

What have I been doing?

I have neglected my blog lately which is bad, I guess Ive not been as creative as I could have been in the last few months, hopefully that will change.

So here's a catch up post of minor stuff that I've been up to.

Tattoo!

My friend Robbie asked me if he could get a pic I drew last year tattooed onto his living flesh! I thought he was joking at first but as you can see from the pic he wasn't.

Inked up
The tattoo guy did a pretty good job just copying it freehand. I still can't quite get my head around it!
The original pic was done to illustrate a short story written by Jon Mayhew for ScareFest 3.

Painting Course

Ive enrolled on the Magic Box painting course run by Chris Oatley. Ive only just started on this but hope fully i'll be inspired to really give painting a good go this time.

Bookplate

I was asked by Tony of Formby Books to design a bookplate. This would be used to stick in the front of books, maybe for authours to sign and that sort of thing.
Here's what Ive come up with so far.

Bookplate
I went for a kind of Call of Cthulhu vibe as it has a literary connection and is also a favourite of mine.



No comments: